7 Things You Didn’t Know About Singer Island | 5000 North Ocean
POSTED ON May 6, 2016 - 5000 North Ocean
Singer Island is undeniably one of the Palm Beaches’ most beautiful neighborhoods. Nestled between Palm Beach Island and North Palm Beach, Singer Island is known for its stretch of sparkling white sand beaches and resort style living. But this exclusive address has much more to offerâ¦
- Singer Island was named for Paris Eugene Singer, the famous developer of Palm Beach and 23rd child of Isaac Singer, the sewing machine magnate.
- The waters of the Gulf Stream are closer to land on Singer Island than other place in North America. Its warm waters make the area perfect for year-round swimming, snorkeling, paddling, kayaking, surfing and boating.
- Singer Island is recognized as one of the most important nesting beaches in the U.S. for loggerheads, as well as an important nesting habitat for green sea turtles and leatherbacks who return there year after year to lay their eggs.
- John D. MacArthur Beach State Park on Singer Island covers 225 acres of land with an additional 535 acres of submerged land. The park has a nature museum, picnic areas, nature trails, and a large, unspoiled 2-mile private beach with limestone reefs perfect for snorkeling.
- Singer Island is actually a peninsula, not an island and the easternmost point of Florida is located there.
- The area’s famed “Grand Slam” sport fishing offers enthusiasts the chance to catch fresh sailfish, wahoo, kingfish and dolphin. Fishing and diving charters operate daily from the Sailfish Marina.
- Singer Island’s newest luxury tower, 5000 North Ocean environmentally enhanced more than 340 feet of direct oceanfront duneline. Its residents will relish the prime location with easy access to world class dining and shopping on PGA Boulevard and championship golf throughout the area.
Singer Island residents cherish their unique coastal lifestyle. For residents of 5000 North Ocean, the natural beauty of the 4.4 acre site will provide an even more exclusive beach experience. Each expansive two- three- or four-bedroom luxury residence is designed to take full advantage of the panoramic views of the Atlantic to the east and the Intracoastal Waterway to the west through full height glass windows. The views are even more dramatic from the oversized private terraces large enough for private dining and outdoor living. To preview the floorplans available at 5000 North Ocean, click here.